Q: Passenger window won't go up

My front passenger side window won't automatically go up. Sometimes it will go partially up, then stop, then go back down. I only see this happen when I use the auto up button. If I hold the window up button, it goes up completely with no problems. It doesn't happen all the time, so I'm thinking it might be a sensor. What is your expert opinion?

A: The first thing I would try is an auto wind...

The first thing I would try is an auto window position relearn. This should allow the control module to regain the correct window position information, allowing the windows to work as designed.

To do this, turn the ignition on and then roll the window all the way down. Then, roll the window up and hold the button in place for 2 to 3 seconds.

After this, the auto window feature should work. If it does not, I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your window issue and repair your vehicle.