Q: Can I use an alternator from a 2002 maxima on my 2001 Maxima?

Just want to know if I can use a 2002 maxima's alternator on my 2001 maxima

A: I cross referenced the part numbers for you...

I cross referenced the part numbers for your alternator. I looked on www.autozone.com and they did match up for Duralast alternators. However, I don’t know what brand you are asking about so there is no 100% certainty that it will work between the 2 cars. If you need help replacing your alternator, I would recommend having a certified Mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to replace your alternator for you.