Q: I ordered some keyless entry fobs and neither works. Followed the instructions exactly. I think its my car, as it has a lot props

keyless entry won't link up. they are brand new. i think its the car. how do i fix it and where do i find the parts for cheap.

Sometimes you need to simply hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for at least 7 seconds, try with the key off and with key on engine off, until the horn is heard. This will synchronize the key fobs. If you still cant get them to work, you will need to go to the dealership and have them hook your vehicle up to the factory scan tool to register the key fobs to the door lock module.

If you’d like to get this looked at by a technician in person, consider YourMechanic, as we can come to you and diagnose the issue with your electronics firsthand. Good luck.

• I ordered some keyless entry fobs and neither works. Followed the instructions exactly. I think its my car, as it has a lot props