Q: How do I unmute the volume in my car if it says CD-ROM mute?

I inserted a cd to listen to in my car, but it says "CD-ROM mute" and i tried pressing the volume nob to unmute it but nothing happened. How can i fix this?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello. I would first check to make sure tha...

Hello. I would first check to make sure that the volume, and mute/unmute buttons are functioning correctly by trying them on a different setting, perhaps the radio.

This problem is commonly caused when the CD inserted into the vehicle is not compatible with the stereo. If the CD is an mp3 CD, or a CD that has been burned on a computer, it may not be compatible with the the vehicle's stock CD player and will cause the CD-ROM mute message to come up instead of playing.