Q: Thermostat replacement without removing throttle body -- easiest way to do?

asked by on October 22, 2016

What is the best way to change the thermostat? T Here is one video on you tube where that I can't understand language on. He removes the throttle body, cruise control, pipes going around engine, all the wires, and air filter box. There's more also. But I saw a price for doing it and the parts did not have a throttle body gasket. So I thought there might be an easier way. Thank you!

Thermostat Replacement $141.88 - $639.09 Get a Quote

You do not need to remove the throttle body. Once you remove the air cleaner and air inlet tube to the throttle body then drain coolant. Remove hose from thermostat outlet pipe. Remove the exhaust crossover pipe and then you can remove the outlet pipe and thermostat. If you need a mechanic to replace the thermostat for you then contact a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic.