Q: Q: Serpentine belt

The serpentine belt popped on my Nissan quest. Is it ok to continue driving it just to make it home? What all does the serpentine belt power on the Nissan quest?

It is not advisable to drive your vehicle without the serpentine belt attached. Your vehicle has two serpentine belts listed. If the main belt is broken, the alternator and water pump will not be turning. You will lose all power and the water pump will be be circulating coolant through the engine, causing it to overheat. The belt should be replaced before driving the vehicle. If you need some assistance with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you replace your serpentine belt and address any other issues present. Good luck.

3. Q: Serpentine belt