Q: I have a 1996 benz c280 care needs throttle body actuator have problems getting this in jamaica

Car shuts off ft sto lights runs good but dhuts off when it stops. Mechanic says I need throttle body actuator .difficult to get in kingston jamaica. What kind of throttle actuator does this car use?

Hello, it is unfortunate you are having issues find parts. You may want to try cleaning the throttle itself, cleaning the idle air control valve, and making sure the air filter and housing is clean. Make sure the throttle actuator’s electrical connections are clean, dry, and tight. Due to the throttle being electronically controlled, rather than a throttle cable, replacement actuators must be compatible with the computer’s programming. The only type of throttle actuator that is going to work is the OEM design. If you cannot order the part, you will want to try and repair the part, or get the part off of another vehicle that is the same make and model.

3. I have a 1996 benz c280 care needs throttle body actuator have problems getting this in jamaica