Q: Boots on spark plug wires keep melting 1995 Chevrolet S10

I've put 8 sets of wires on in last 3 months auto parts store suggested Kevlar sleeves like the ones used on race cars with headers but they still melt what can I do to fix this problem

Hi there - this is a problem with this engine, and the stock exhaust manifolds come with heat shields to help prevent the burned plug wire problem. Perhaps your heat shields have been removed? Or, if you’re running headers, using header wrap on the header tubes would be a good idea. Otherwise, I recommend installing plug wires with silicon boot covers is a solid investment performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. They can resist the heat better, are readily available without the expense of Kevlar (R).

3. Boots on spark plug wires keep melting 1995 Chevrolet S10