Q: How often should I lubricate suspension? I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

How often should I lubricate suspension? I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The published maintenance schedule for your vehicle only lists an inspection recommendation for the front suspension and that would be every 6,000 miles. There is no reference to lubricating ball joints or tie rod ends, on the maintenance schedule, presumably because those are sealed units on your vehicle which is fairly typical. If you do happen to see zerk fittings on any ball joint or tie rod, it would not be unreasonable to add a small amount of grease every 36,000 miles or so. Note that aftermarket replacement ball joints and tie rods are often equipped with zerk fittings so if you see those fittings, parts may have been replaced on your vehicle. Generally, the preferred replacement parts are OEM dealer sourced. Should you desire an inspection of the front suspension, by all means let us know.