Q: My engine light and wrench illuminated, rough idling, when stopped and gas pedal depressed it snatches in gear.

I was driving over 40 mph and while depressing the gas pedal the car was not excelling. When stopped and i lightly depress the gas pedal in drive position the vehicle snatches forward and feels like it wants to shut down. At one point when i start the vehicle and put it in drive or reverse no power even with the engine running.

Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come on I would always start with a code check. I would use my scan tool to see what codes are in the system as that would give me a good indication of what is going on. It sounds like you may have a misfire issue from a bad coil or spark plug issue, or you may have a fuel system issue. A weak fuel pump will cause this if it is failing. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the loss of power problem.

3. My engine light and wrench illuminated, rough idling, when stopped and gas pedal depressed it snatches in gear.