Q: My engine light and wrench illuminated, rough idling, when stopped and gas pedal depressed it snatches in gear.

I was driving over 40 mph and while depressing the gas pedal the car was not excelling. When stopped and i lightly depress the gas pedal in drive position the vehicle snatches forward and feels like it wants to shut down. At one point when i start the vehicle and put it in drive or reverse no power even with the engine running.

A: Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come o...

Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come on I would always start with a code check. I would use my scan tool to see what codes are in the system as that would give me a good indication of what is going on. It sounds like you may have a misfire issue from a bad coil or spark plug issue, or you may have a fuel system issue. A weak fuel pump will cause this if it is failing. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the loss of power problem.