Q: Car makes clacking noise.

When I put the car in gear and acellerate the car sounds fine but when I take my foot of the pedal I hear a loud clacking noise coming from the engine. And when I press the brakes it makes a loud pulsing grinding noise with a little sqeak to it.

A: With these symptoms it sounds like you have...

With these symptoms it sounds like you have two different problems. Firstly, the clacking noise on deceleration is most likely the turbo control valve flapping, which may have a bad valve.

The noise when pressing on the brakes means that the brakes are grinding, metal to metal, so you may need to replace the rotors and pads. A problem with the calipers would also cause what you’re describing with the breaks. You should have a mechanic come out to diagnose your break system, pinpoint the noise in your engine, and make the necessary repairs.