Q: My check-engine light came on and when checked, the code was P0025. The light went out after checking it. Do I still have the prob

The car is running smooth. It's a 2009 Kia Borrego

Hi there. P0025 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the Engine Control Module (ECM) has determined that the exhaust variable camshaft timing for bank 2 is more retarded than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over retarded timing condition could be during the advancing or retarding phase of the exhaust camshaft timing. If your car is running fine, you should be ok to continue without too many issues. However, if the engine is hard to start due to the reduced timing position or the engine runs rough or lacks power, have a professional mechanic inspect or replace the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) or Oil Control Valve (OCV) as these are the two most likely sources of the problem.

• My check-engine light came on and when checked, the code was P0025. The light went out after checking it. Do I still have the prob