Q: Car won't start

asked by on February 26, 2017

Was at a party and got really drunk and passed out. My car alarm was going off for a long time my buddy couldn't find my keys so he pulled some fuses. The next morning we replace them all exactly where they're supposed to go. Now the malfunction light is on and it's not even trying to start when I turn the key. No fuses are blown there's nothing wrong with the car and the battery is fine. Unplugged for a while to try to reset the computer no results.

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The battery may be discharged due to the alarm going off for a long time. You can use a voltmeter to get a rough idea of the battery’s condition but technically a load test should be performed on the battery. If the battery does not read 12.6 volts using a voltmeter, charge it. Once you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test attempt to start the car. If it doesn’t start, the engine immobilizer system (security system) may be activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. To temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. If the immobilizer is off, and the vehicle will not start, there is an electrical malfunction that will have to be tracked down. The recommended service to resolve that is a no start diagnostic during which the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.