Q: Battery light on, alternator good, battery changed, changed starter week ago but it's missing a little cable the old one had.

I ordered the the starter online typed all info correctly I've changed the battery and the alternator I had it checked twice and the battery light didn't come on until I changed the starter, so do you think it could be the little cable that the starter missing?

A: Hello. Yes. The small cable that is on the ...

Hello. Yes. The small cable that is on the battery generally is for grounding purposes. Without that cable you won't have complete connection as far as electrical goes. If you need to have this checked, a qualified professional like one from YourMechanic, can determine the cause of the battery light and help you move forward with proper repairs.