Q: Toyota Camry 144k V6 When car is turned on the rpm is between 1 and 2. When I let it warm it it will eventually go under 1 on the

Toyota Camry 144k V6 When car is turned on the rpm is between 1 and 2. When I let it warm it it will eventually go under 1 on the Rpm meter. Car also doesn’t reach the correct rpm while driving. I had the timing belt replaced recently.

Hi Jo. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are several reasons why an engine RPM will be higher upon initial start-up. If the weather is colder than normal, the cold start injector on your Toyota Camry will naturally raise the RPM to around 1,500 RPM until the engine reaches a normal operating temperature. If outside temperature is not a variable, then a faulty idle control valve or a loose vacuum line is likely the source. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an engine idle inspection to determine what is causing your issues.