Q: Engine hesitating and revving

asked by on February 26, 2016

When I accelerate, it takes a bit for it to go, and sometimes I hear the engine rev more than it seems like it should.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like the transmission may be slipping. With the engine running, fully warmed up, and in Park, pull the transmission dipstick and wipe it with a clean rag. Insert the dipstick fully into the tube and pull it back out again, this time observing the fluid level. If the level is low, you have a leak. Also take note of the smell of the transmission fluid. If it smells like burnt plastic, you have internal transmission failure. Have a certified mechanic inspect your engine’s hesitation issue in person to come up with a proper diagnosis and repair.