Q: Car tries to pull forward after coming to a stop.

asked by on October 19, 2016

When I push the break, the car stops, but it feels like it wants to keep moving forward, with a unique (brrrmmm) once I press the gas peddle the revolutions is weak

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $685.94 Get a Quote
Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi and thanks for your question. Check the brakes to ensure that they are adjusted and are in good condition. The brakes should be 3 times more powerful than the engine. For the engine not having any acceleration, there could be a problem with the throttle pedal or the TPS (throttle position sensor) could have failed. Also, the brakes may still be applied after releasing the pedal, causing a brake drag and making the transmission load up not allowing the engine to rev up. If you need further assistance in diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can assist you with a diagnoses of your brake system at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr