Q: My car is squealing

asked by on February 06, 2017

Bought my 2000 Accord 3 months ago and had to have the AC recharged and checked. After doing that my car now squeals when you turn the AC on I've been told it could be the conpressor going out would like to know for sure what causes it to squeal.

Loud squealing or rattling is coming from engine Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are a couple of things that can cause the squeal; a loose/worn belt or worn ac clutch. I highly suspect the belt is causing the noise as it receives a load when the ac is turned on. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a belt squeal inspection.