Q: My neighbor has a 2002 mercury sable and he press the pedal and it revved up but didn't move

asked by on December 08, 2017

The cat not moving when u press on the gas pedal...had to push it back to parking spot.

It could be that the transmission has failed. Or it could be that there is a bad CV joint. either one will leave you stranded in place. If he has heard some knocking when he went around turns for a while, I would vote for the CV joint, but otherwise, the transmission is likely at fault. Either way, your best bet is to have it checked out before you make any decisions. If you contact YourMechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your stationary Sable and let you know what needs to be done for it.