Q: My back windshield wiper isn't touching the glass except at the end.

This is a common problem from what I've read, I've tried to bend the winshield wiper but that doesn't work. I've heard something about using a Dremel and shaving off about an 1/8th of an inch to the nubs that stop the wiper but I don't know what they are talking about... I just done want to take it in, any advice?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically when the wipers are having these types of issues, the spring in which pulls the arm to the window is weak or broken. You can test this by comparing your wipers to wipers that are known to work well. If yours seem weaker, then you will want to replace the entire wiper arm. Typically this is a separate unit that you can take off of the motor and separate from the wiper blade itself. Depending on what you have access to, you may even be able to find a replacement spring. You will want to make sure the wiper blades are new as well. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My back windshield wiper isn't touching the glass except at the end.