Q: Problems with shifting from neutral to reverse

The car has an automatic transmission and it cannot seem to shift from neutral to reverse or park. This occurred a couple of times already and I'd like to find out what the issue might be. When it happened, I was moving the shifter knob a bit and it helped with shifting. What should I check first?

A: It sounds like the shifter linkage from the...

It sounds like the shifter linkage from the shift lever to the transmission has become worn, or is out-of-adjustment for some other reason. Have a trained professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting trouble and adjust or repair the linkage.