Q: Missing back panel of drivers side mirror. Dont want to replace whole mirror. Can I use chrome cover as its cheaper instead?

Do I need to buy a whole new mirror, or can I just cover it with a chrome cover. Are they durable enough to protect the wiring to my mirror?

The trim cover on the back of the mirrors should be replaceable, so using a chrome cover should be fine. Online retailers normally have options available that come in black, or paintable surface, also. Just be sure to prep the surface well before applying the adhesive to the replacement. If you need a hand with the replacement, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com. They can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the repairs for you.

3. Missing back panel of drivers side mirror. Dont want to replace whole mirror. Can I use chrome cover as its cheaper instead?