Q: Sudden jerk upon acceleration, low gas mileage - 2013 Range Rover

I've been getting lower than expected gas mileage with this vehicle. It also has rough acceleration. When I apply the gas pedal, the car would accelerate with a delay of a few seconds. The speed increase would be very sudden as well, like a jerk forward. If the RPM is under 2900, it's very slow to gather speed. If it revs around 3100 RPM and over, it gives too much power and too suddenly. When this occurs, I have to apply the brake immediately. In the stop-and-go traffic, this is a serious problem. Do you have some suggestion on how I could improve the performance of the car?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2013 Range Rover. You may have a problem with the throttle control that may be dangerous to drive. There are many other possibilities, such as a vacuum leak, faulty mass air flow sensor, or a bad fuel pump. If you would like to have this checked by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the jerking problem.

3. Sudden jerk upon acceleration, low gas mileage - 2013 Range Rover