Q: Speedometer stopped working and gauge lights stopped working after installing a subwoofer and a stereo.

I installed subs in my truck and now my speedometer does not work. Neither does my gauge lights. Also installed a new deck

Hi there. Check to see where the ground and positive wires to the subwoofer are attached to. Also check the remote wire, power wire, and the ground wire from the radio to where they are attached to. It is possible that the wires are tied into the speedometer and dashboard lights circuits. If the wires are attached to the speedometer and dashboard lights circuits, then you will need to re-route the wires. The subwoofer will put out a harsh amount of amps, which could damage other circuits within the vehicle if they are not plumbed in properly. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues and components not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Speedometer stopped working and gauge lights stopped working after installing a subwoofer and a stereo.