Q: Still burning oil - CCV replaced - No smoke at startup/while driving I'm burning through roughly 1 qt. oil every 600-800 miles. Al

Still burning oil - CCV replaced - No smoke at startup/while driving I'm burning through roughly 1 qt. oil every 600-800 miles. Already replaced the CCV and dipstick tube about 4 months ago. Had 2 different shops check over the engine completely, no leaks anywhere. I let my car sit a couple of days, then started it up, no blue smoke out the tailpipe (no smoke at all actually) so I don't think oil is leaking into the cylinders. Car runs great, awesome acceleration, no funny noises or smells, idles fine, no smoke during complaints at all, other than the oil consumption.

The only issue I can see is that there is strong vacuum at the dipstick, I really have to pull hard to get the dipstick out. One of the mechanics told me to try Riselone engine treatment, but I'm not a big fan of "fixes in a can" but will try it if it doesn't hurt anything. It was also mentioned to try a heavier oil, go with 5w40 instead of the current 5w30 but if I have a real issue, I would prefer to fix

A: Hello. You should start by checking your an...

Hello. You should start by checking your antifreeze. If your antifreeze is too low, your car could just be compensating for the coolant its missing.

I always put 1/2 of a can of Seafoam in my engine before doing an oil change. I let it run for 10 min before changing it and the drain oil and replacing the oil filter. This will help clean out sludge built up in your engine. Please note that it is not safe to drive your car with the Seafoam in your engine. Do not run it for more than 15min. If you need help having this addressed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to give you a thorough diagnosis of the oil issue and pinpoint the correct actions that should be taken.