Q: Q: Car clicking and not starting

My car just clicks when I try to start it. I replaced the starter and charged the battery. When I start it, the fans come on, the car is not hot, and the battery goes down.

Hello. If the starter is fine and if the battery is definitely fine then you may have an electrical issue. Most of the time, it is a failure in the starter relay or the positive battery cable. It may even be a ailing ignition switch, which is also common on this vehicle. I typically start by checking for voltage at the starter. If it is not getting voltage then I check and see if the starter relay is clicking. If it is then there may be a broken wire. If it is not then it may be the ignition switch. If there is power at the starter wire and not at the large starter cable then the cable is bad. If there is an aftermarket alarm on it then that may be the issue also. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your clicking and starting issue. From this diagnosis, they will be able to make the appropriate repairs.

3. Q: Car clicking and not starting