Q: My brake pedal goes straight to the floor when I press down to brake and my car take a second longer to stop

When I press down on the breaks the pedal goes straight to the ground and I have to press hard for the car to stop. My brother said it may be my break line and my friend says that I need a new drum

You should first look in the master cylinder reservoir to see if there is fluid in it. If the fluid is low or gone then you will need to fill the brake fluid. After the fluid is filled then have someone pump the brakes while you look under the vehicle to see where the fluid is leaking. If the fluid is leaking from one of the wheels in the rear then you may have a leaking wheel cylinder inside the drum on the rear brakes. If you see fluid coming from other than from one of the wheels then you have a leaking brake line. You will need to have the brake leak inspected to isolate the cause of the leak as a bad wheel cylinder or rusted leaking brake lines can cause this.

• My brake pedal goes straight to the floor when I press down to brake and my car take a second longer to stop