Q: clunking noise on front wheel

clunking noise on front wheel of 2002 holden commodore VX Berlina had bushes replaced about 4 months ago noticed unusual sensations on the road about two months ago rough feeling on the road from left side only feels loose.

You may have a worn out or damaged CV axle shaft which is commonly known to produce a clunking or clicking and popping sound when they fail. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking or popping sound coming from this area. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your CV joints.

3. clunking noise on front wheel