Q: SUV stalling, sputtering, and losing power

I think I need a new throttle body and possibly need to change the fuel backup. The Wrench light comes on in the left side of the dash. The SUV stalls, sputters, and loses power. It will restart, but it still has no power.

A: I am not really sure what you mean by the &...

I am not really sure what you mean by the "fuel backup". If your vehicle has an electronic throttle body, then this can certainly contribute to this problem. Other things like fuel pressure, bad catalytic converters, cam and crank sensors, etc., all play a vital role in how your vehicle delivers spark and fuel. The other thing that is important is not to erase any information from the computer itself. Codes and freeze frame data are all vital pieces of information when diagnosing your vehicle. Because of all the variables involved in a drivability concern, and the limited amount of information given, my suggestion is to have qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, help you diagnose your car’s stalling problem and loss of power.