Q: Check Engine light comes on randomly now, not happy about it

I drive a 2010 Honda Pilot with 44,000 miles on it. The Check Engine light was popping on every couple of days, but nothing consistent. I finally got my car checked and it turns out the spark plugs were faulty, which was causing my problem. I replaced them 5,000 miles ago but now I am having a similar issue again. How should I proceed? Just keep replacing the plugs?

I would recommend going back to the person that replaced the plugs to see if there is a warranty issue for the repairs needed. You will need to have the vehicle’s computer scanned as well as diagnosis of any codes. If a code P0300 to P0306 is received, then it is a misfire to a particular cylinder. If other codes are received, then the failure you are having now may not be for the same reason you had plugs changed originally. I recommend a thorough diagnostic check and if a single plug is fouled out, get a diagnostic on that particular cylinder to find out why it is fouling the plug out. Pay attention to any other issues that may contribute to the plug fouling. Look for things like excessive oil consumption or loss of fuel mileage. This would help YourMechanic on any diagnostics to be done.

3. Check Engine light comes on randomly now, not happy about it