Q: Biased pre-purchase mechanic evaluation.

I have a pre-purchase evaluation scheduled for Monday. The car dealer salesman wanted the phone number of the mechanic scheduled to do the evaluation. It makes me very uneasy that the salesman wanted to be able to contact the mechanic since this could lead to an offer to the mechanic by the salesman to give a good evaluation.

Hi there. I don’t think you’re going to have any issues with our professional mobile mechanics having any bias; especially if the car is from a dealership. Many of our mobile mechanics are former dealer mechanics who saw the benefits of starting their own business, and to be completely honest; don’t think too kindly of the way dealerships do business. In some cases, the dealership simply wants to verify what they need in order to comply with the dealership; such as where the inspection will be completed or other details. If you have any problems with the inspection, or the information you receive, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. You should have received an email from our sales department; so contact them directly if there are any issues.