Q: My wife unplugged one of the fuses to my car, that supposedly went to the horn but now my car wont start.

My cars alarm system is broken and my wife took it upon herself to unplug the horn fuse, but now my car wont start at all. She lugged the fuse back in but it still wont start. Its stalling and we know there is gas in the car. The alternator is perfectly fine, I just want to know if her unplugging the fuse would cause anything like this. Please get back to me soon, we only have one car.

Hi there. When pulling the fuse out at the car alarm is tripped will set the security system in the vehicle. Putting the fuse back in will only cause the security to stay on. Try disconnecting the battery and waiting 13 minutes. While you are waiting, turn on the key (even though there is no power) and activate everything. This will drain all of the power from the vehicle. Then hook up the battery and check the alarm system. If the alarm still wants to be tripped, then the security control module under the dash could be malfunctioning. If you need further assistance with your car alarm issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My wife unplugged one of the fuses to my car, that supposedly went to the horn but now my car wont start.