Q: rpm

Last weekend I had to change the pixel and ribbon piece in my panel I marked where my needles we're and placed them back in the right spots. I haven't noticed anything until this morning but I don't always look at that, but my rpm needle was up in the red and when I got to worked and turned it off it's sitting between the 5&6 which 7&8 is the red. It was a 25 min commute nothing sounded or felt wrong. What does this mean? Please help. Tks

The tach needle was put back on wrong when you installed it. The tach needle shaft must have moved once you pulled the needle off. The shaft can be moved very easily by just tapping on the gauge. What you need to do is leave the cluster installed and pull off the tach needle, cycle the key to get the shaft to return to zero, then reinstall the needle pointed at zero. You may have to move it a few times until it’s adjusted to the correct spot again, but eventually you will get it in the right spot. If you need help doing this, you can contact a qualified professional from YourMechanic to come to your home or work and get your gauges working properly.