Q: I have a 2005 z71 Tahoe with no heat front or rear.

asked by on December 21, 2016

I changed the control module, the thermostat and checked the actuator under the glove compartment. All lines from the radiator and the heater core are hot to the touch. The system continually blows cold air. Any advice?

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may not be allowing the hot coolant to enter the heater core. If the rest of the cooling system seems to be working well, the heater core is likely your problem. This would mean the hot coolant is running through the lines to the heater core, but the hot coolant is not actually entering it. With that being said, the valve may be faulty, or the core may have a clog inside that is stopping circulation. You may want to have the core inspected and possibly replaced. If there are any major issues with the core, it will need to be replaced. Most of them are not serviceable. For more help with the repair, contact our service department for a quote and to set up an appointment.