Q: Back hatch won't open all the way and then closes

When I hit the button to lift the back hatch, it goes up about a 1/3 of the way and then closes immediately. Even when I try to manually lift it, the struts do not take any weight off it and it wants to close.

Hi. I suggest you try to open the door manually by switching the liftgate to manual mode. There is an on/off switch that allows you to do this located on the overhead console. This system is quite complex and it sounds like the electronics have gone awry. During power liftgate operation, the liftgate module uses a sensor to monitor liftgate position and load. Then, the module uses this information along with user input to determine liftgate motor operation. A problem with the sensor, or a module that needs to be reprogrammed, are the most likely causes of your problem. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the hatch issue your vehicle is encountering.