Q: After replacing the starter, itwon't engage and there is a whining sound.

starter won't engage, makes a whining sound, replaced starter have the exact same problem. Possible relay ?

A: This suggests that the starter may not be a...

This suggests that the starter may not be aligned properly. When the key is turned and the starter engages, the small gear on the end of the starter comes out slightly to engage the flywheel to turn the motor over. When the alignment is off, this small gear may not reach out far enough to engage the flywheel. The whining sound may potentially be the starter just spinning rather than engaging the flywheel. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider having one of our mobile technicians come out to your location to diagnose the noise firsthand and inspect the starter for proper alignment.