Q: Engine shakes after 10psi.

asked by on October 20, 2016

my dart drive normal if i keep my boost under 10psi, ass soonest i pass the 10psi of boost the engine starts shaking really bad, it shakes like if it was misfiring i let go the gas and it goes away, it only does it when i pass the 10psi of boost, there is no check engine light on, i hope you can help me, i been dealing with this problem for over a week, Thank You Very Much

Check for problem codes anyway, even if the Check Engine light is not illuminated. There may be a transient code for a misfire. I would suspect that either the plugs or coils are failing under load, and need to be replaced.

Increasing boost also increases the effective compression ratio and cylinder pressures, making life more miserable for the spark plugs. As a result, they fail more quickly than in a non-boosted condition.

I would recommend having the shaking engine diagnosed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.