Q: Advice on which type of gas to use

Hi. I've bought this previously owned car and I was told to use premium gas. I know it is recommended, but I would like to save some money. So, I was wondering if it would only have performance issues or if the regular gas could damage the engine. Can you give me some advice? Thanks.

A: If you look at your fuel gage, it will say ...

If you look at your fuel gage, it will say "premium fuel only". The vehicle was designed to only run on this fuel. If you try and run the lower grade fuels, you will run the risk of damaging the motor from preignition. This means your engine will burn holes in the tops of the pistons.