How do you turn on the Auto Headlight function? fusion he...

Q: How do you turn on the Auto Headlight function?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you turn on the Auto Headlight function?

If your car is equipped with auto headlights, this is more than a convenience feature. They will automatically turn on and off based on the level of ambient light outside. That ensures better safety at all times while driving (we’ve all forgotten to turn on the headlights at least once). Here’s how to set them if your car is so equipped:

1. Turn the headlight dial to the right by three notches.

2. Make sure the selector is pointing to the auto light symbol (it looks like a light bulb with the letter A inside).

Tips

• With the auto light function turned on, your headlights will turn on based on the amount of light outside.

• Your headlights will turn on anytime the windshield wipers are activated if the selector is in the Auto position.

• The lights will stay on when you turn the ignition off, but you can adjust the amount of time allowed.