Q: Warning signs of a bad fuel pump. Like sputtering when idle. Bad fuel efficiency. Shaking when at higher speeds. Less acceleration

I am currently an 8 hour drive from my home town and was wondering if i could damsge my car further by driving home before i replace it. Also if you think i could make the drive. Also is it possible to be a spark plug issue. I know you are supposed to advise me to not take any risks but i would like your honest opinion as if you think i will have more issues. Thanks!

This may be related to many different things such as: a bad fuel pump, dirty fuel injectors, a clogged catalytic converter, a faulty O2 sensor, or a bad mass air flow sensor. Unfortunately, there are many possibilities that can cause it to sputter at an idle, shake at higher speeds, or lack acceleration. It is not possible to determine whether or not your car will make the 8 hour drive to where you are going without further diagnosis. However, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to determine your engine sputter and acceleration concerns to make sure you get where you need to safely.

3. Warning signs of a bad fuel pump. Like sputtering when idle. Bad fuel efficiency. Shaking when at higher speeds. Less acceleration