Q: My check engine engine light is on and the computer (ECM) said it's a crank sensor problem.

asked by on February 20, 2017

Had a car starter remote my engine light came on it stopped working. Put my G6 on a computer it said crank sensor is causing engine light to come on

Check the crankshaft position sensor and see if there is a loose wire or if the remote wiring is disabling the sensor. If the wiring is good and the sensor is hooked up properly, then I recommend replacing the crankshaft position sensor. If you need further assistance with your car not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.