Q: Car leaks coolant when left overnight

I purchased my vehicle several days ago and i noticed theres a coolant leak. The engine runs fine and never overheats. I notice the leak when i park it overnight on my driveway. I looked around the engine bay and i noticed that on top of the coolant reservoir it seemed like it had some coolant leaking. The coolant levels are where they're supposed to be but the amount leaking is more than what is coming out of there. Also the previous owner mentioned that he had replaced the radiator recently.

A: Hi there. In some instances, after a radiat...

Hi there. In some instances, after a radiator is replaced, a coolant line can be left loose by accident or can come loose as the hose clamp gets hot. If the car is parked on a slight uphill slope, the radiator coolant might be leaking from one of the top cooling lines or from the radiator overflow reservoir hose.

The best way to know exactly where your vehicle is leaking coolant from is to have a local mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete an inspection to determine the source of the leak.