Q: There is whirring noise and vibration coming from the front end of my car

I am hearing a whirring noise from the front end of my car. It is almost like a vibration, and happens when I drive faster than 20 MPH. If I rev the engine while in park, the noise doesn't appear. The car doesn't pull to either side when I am driving, and I haven't noticed any tire wear that is out of the ordinary. Could this be the transmission?

A: Hello. It sounds like you have a bad front ...

Hello. It sounds like you have a bad front hub bearing. When the bearing fails, this will occur as the noise you are hearing is the bearings not having any grease on them. I typically start by getting the vehicle in the air and running it to see if I can pinpoint the noise to one of the front wheels. If I can, then I take it apart and listen to the bearing by spinning it. If it does not move smoothly, then I replace it. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and replace the wheel bearing if necessary.