Q: There is whirring noise and vibration coming from the front end of my car

I am hearing a whirring noise from the front end of my car. It is almost like a vibration, and happens when I drive faster than 20 MPH. If I rev the engine while in park, the noise doesn't appear. The car doesn't pull to either side when I am driving, and I haven't noticed any tire wear that is out of the ordinary. Could this be the transmission?

Hello. It sounds like you have a bad front hub bearing. When the bearing fails, this will occur as the noise you are hearing is the bearings not having any grease on them. I typically start by getting the vehicle in the air and running it to see if I can pinpoint the noise to one of the front wheels. If I can, then I take it apart and listen to the bearing by spinning it. If it does not move smoothly, then I replace it. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and replace the wheel bearing if necessary.

3. There is whirring noise and vibration coming from the front end of my car