Q: Brake lights work intermittently

asked by on May 17, 2016

After leaving the dealership and driving a couple of hours, the problem that they were 'supposed' to have fixed started happening all over again. I had taken it in because warning lights were flashing. They said they had fixed them, but they certainly didn't! Sure enough, it won't happen for them. They have made repairs and replacements for the ABS, ESP, and BAS. Why do you think the problem keeps occasionally happens and should I be concerned?

If you had the dealer fix something and paid for the repairs, then I would take it back to them to have them fix it right. The lights coming on may be problems with a loose electrical connection, or a problem with a module causing the problem. I would recommend calling the dealer that serviced it, and see if the vehicle is safe to drive or not. The dealer should know the problem and fix what they need to, and be able to tell you whether it is safe to drive, or needs to be towed in.