Q: I just bought a new battery for my 2007 Cadillac STS. I got my alternator and starter checked and both came back good. What could

I just bought a new battery for my 2007 Cadillac Sts but I'm having problems with starting . I've checked the started and alternator both are good. I've had this problem for 3 days

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hey there. Starting systems are very simple. If your issue relates to it, it can only be a few things. Let me start with having the starter tested. When you take a starter in to get ’bench" tested, the test does not account for how strong the starter needs to be to actually turn the engine over. It tests the starter relay, and measures the starter’s ability to shoot out and rotate without a load. This is why many starters that have failed, will pass standard bench tests. You may want to replace the starter all together. This is assuming you know the battery is charged, and the engine isn’t seized (this is rare these days). If the engine is not cranking over, the issue is the starting system. When the engine cranks over and wont start, the problem is with the spark, fuel, or air. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starting problem and address this issue.

• I just bought a new battery for my 2007 Cadillac STS. I got my alternator and starter checked and both came back good. What could