Q: Brakes no longer working.

My brakes aren't working any more. When I press the brake pedal, the vehicle does not stop, and I have to use the emergency brake to stop. I believe all of my brake fluid leaked out.

A: If you step on the brake pedal and it feels...

If you step on the brake pedal and it feels soft or drops to the vehicle floor, air has entered the system. However, if the brake pedal is hard and difficult to depress, the power brake booster may be at fault. Have a certified mechanic check for any leaks in the hydraulic braking system. These are generally easy to find for certified mechanics.