Q: Malfunction of elecrical system

Hi. My car has mulfuntions with some of the electrical features. It has a warning that the passenger's door is open, even when I am driving with all doors closed. Also, all the lights on doors are turned on. Trunk opener button along with some other buttons are not functioning. How can I fix this? Thanks.

The door has a switch that closes when the door is opened and causes the lights to stay on and the warning to come on. A simple test with a scanner can tell what door is causing it and then the switch or latch assembly can be replaced to fix the issue. The buttons will have to be diagnosed separately to see what is the failure. In this case, a fuse, switch, or the trunk actuator may be bad. I would recommend having your door and trunk issues inspected to see what repair(s) will fix this.