Q: Hesitation when I push the accelerator.

Sometimes there's a hesitation on start. I am not sure if it is fuel pump related or not.

Hi there, The problem you are having is most likely due to the fuel pressure not holding it’s static pressure to the injectors. The fuel system needs to hold fuel pressure to the injectors in order for the injector to spray fuel into the engine as soon as you start cranking your engine. If the fuel pressure drops after you shut off your vehicle then the next time you crank your engine the injector will open, but there is no fuel there to inject into the engine and it will take about five seconds of cranking to get the fuel pressure built up enough to start injecting fuel to start the engine. YourMechanic can diagnose your hesitation problem, they would need to test the fuel pressure and isolate the problem as being the fuel pump check valve, regulator or a leaking injector. If it was an injector then you would have a rough running engine until the excess fuel gets burned off. Once tested and the failed component is isolated, then the repair can be done.