Q: Where is the solenoid purge valve located in a 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport?

I have an ODB II error code of P0496 which covers the EVAP system. I checked the fuse and gas cap and both are fine. I purchased a new purge valve due to a hard start after filling up with gas but I cannot locate the valve to change it.

Hi there. The purge solenoid valve is typically located on the passenger side of the vehicle, under the hood and attached to the firewall. In order to locate yours and to review the correct removal and installation procedures, I would highly recommend purchasing a service and repair manual for your 2012 Chevrolet Captiva.

3. Where is the solenoid purge valve located in a 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport?