Q: engine wont start, and when it tries it is sluggish

asked by on August 31, 2017

It started a while ago. It was slugish running then I shut it off once and it wouldn't restart. it would try and turn over but it sounded like the pistons were under water. like they had liquid on both sides

The problem sounds like the engine may be crossfiring between cylinders or the timing is off time. You should check the distributor cap and rotor, plugs and wires for needing to be replaced. You may have moisture in the distributor cap. Also scan the computer and check ignition timing to see if it is in time or you may have jumped a timing chain.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr